Today marks a very special day in our company’s history.
One hundred-fifteen years ago today, July 25, on a summer day in Madison, Wis., Wisconsin Secretary of State W.L. Houser certified that Original Articles of Organization for Andersen Lumber Company had been received and accepted.
In other words, the company known today as Andersen Corporation was born. The paperwork was signed by founder Hans J. Andersen, his wife Sarah and the family attorney.
Ten years later, Andersen Lumber Company would move about 10 miles up the St. Croix River from its original home in Hudson, Wis., to the sleepy hamlet of South Stillwater, Minn., which would change its name to Bayport in 1922.
The company became Andersen Frame Company in 1929 before settling on Andersen Corporation in 1937. It would weather the Great Depression, two world wars and the Great Recession to become the most recognized window and door brand in the industry.
This milestone celebrates the people, products, customers and communities that have distinguished our company for 115 years and continue to propel our success today and for years to come.