Andersen Corporation is growing! Jump-start your career in advanced manufacturing and learning new skills in a growing field. Andersen is currently accepting applications for Machine Operators (Extrusion) where you’ll learn the ins and outs of Fibrex Extrusion. Fibrex is an innovative proprietary composite material developed by Andersen that is revolutionizing the window market.
North Branch Shift Hours:
North Branch operates 24/7 on a modified 3x3 schedule. All employees are assigned to one of four crews. Two crews work straight days (6AM-6PM) and two crews work straight overnights (6PM-6AM). You will work 3 or 4 consecutive days then have 3 or 4 consecutive days off. Three weeks you will work 36 hours and then three weeks you will work 48 hours. Each crew works 3 consecutive weekends, then has 3 consecutive weekends off. Over the course of this assignment you’ll work up to 80 days less than a normal 5-day work week.
• Individually operate extrusion machines to produce parts according to customer specifications
• Set-up, start-up, change-over and tear down for all machines and work area in a work cell
• Involvement in safety initiatives, activities, and safety committee
• Troubleshoot process variability against a defined process to achieve stability
• Participate and implement lean manufacturing tools and standards
• Participate in continuous improvement activities
• Learn to lead kaizen events and sustain improvements made from those events
• Mentor and train new Extruder Operators
• Assist in tooling development
Qualified candidates must possess at least one of the following:
• Prior manufacturing or machine operator experience
• A college degree
• Proven leadership experience
• High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, required (additional technical training or certifications a plus)
• Proficient computer skills – Windows, MS Word, Excel.
• Demonstrated verbal communication skills
• Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and process documents
• Proven ability to work as a team to problem solve