Andersen Corporation is growing! We’re currently building a new Fibrex Extrusion plant in Bayport, MN. Jump-start your career in advanced manufacturing and learning new skills in a growing field. Andersen is currently accepting applications for Machine Operators (Extrusion) where you’ll learn the ins and outs of Fibrex Extrusion. Fibrex is an innovative proprietary composite material developed by Andersen that is revolutionizing the window market.
Qualified candidates will spend 3-6 months taking part in a paid training program at our Fibrex Extrusion facility in North Branch, MN. Upon completion of the program, you’ll transfer back to Bayport and be a part of the start-up of our newest Fibrex facility.
• Individually operate extrusion machines to produce parts according to customer specifications
• Set-up, start-up, change-over and tear down for all machines and work area in a work cell
• Involvement in safety initiatives, activities, and safety committee
• Troubleshoot process variability against a defined process to achieve stability
• Participate and implement lean manufacturing tools and standards
• Participate in continuous improvement activities
• Learn to lead kaizen events and sustain improvements made from those events
• Mentor and train new Extruder Operators
• Assist in tooling development
Qualified candidates must possess at least one of the following:
• Prior manufacturing or machine operator experience
• A college degree
• Proven leadership experience
• High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, required (additional technical training or certifications a plus)
• Proficient computer skills – Windows, MS Word, Excel.
• Demonstrated verbal communication skills
• Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and process documents
• Proven ability to work as a team to problem solve