A letter from Jay Lund
Andersen Corporation is the leader in the window and patio door industry. We have built our leadership on two enduring principles: being different and better in the eyes of our customers, and an “all together” philosophy of teamwork and commitment.
For more than a century we have prospered by staying true to our values, while adapting to an ever-changing marketplace.
Our values were established by our founders as the one constant that has guided our actions to this day. At Andersen we value:
- Innovation—products, services and a customer experience that is different and better;
- Integrity—always striving to do the right thing;
- Excellence—a drive for quality in everything we do;
- Corporate Citizenship—living in harmony and making a positive difference in our environment and the communities in which we live and work; and,
- Partnership—working to achieve a win/win relationship with customers, suppliers, employees and all those who we do business with us.
The strength of our company is our people. The talented people of Andersen have a passion for the business, care deeply for the company and their fellow employees, are empowered to make a difference and have an opportunity to share in the company success along the way.
We are proud of our long legacy of innovation with over 100 years of industry firsts to our credit. That tradition is alive and well at Andersen today as we have introduced more new products in the past five years than any other single period in our 110-year history.
At Andersen, we inherently understand our role in protecting the environment. Today, we focus on four sustainability objectives:
- First, we procure materials responsibly in partnership with our suppliers.
- Next, we seek to minimize the impact of our manufacturing and distribution operations with more than 99 percent of all of the incoming material utilized productively.
- Third, we design and build our products to minimize the environmental footprint, while maximizing both energy efficiency and durability.
- Finally, we foster an internal culture where sustainability is the basis for ongoing employee education, engagement and pride.
Above all we focus on the customer. We recognize the important role our products play in the home and the high expectations our customers have of the Andersen brand. We design our products to ensure they make our customers’ homes safer, longer lasting, more energy efficient and more beautiful inside and out.
Our forefathers have given us a wonderful legacy of leadership to build on. We take that responsibility seriously so that we can hand off a stronger, more vibrant company to the next generation.